Monday, October 16, 2006

No Problem

An old man lived alone in Minnesota. He wanted to
spade his potato garden,
but it was very hard work. His only son, who
would have helped him, was in prison. The old man
wrote a letter to his son
and mentioned his situation:
Dear Son,
I am feeling pretty bad because it looks like I won't
be able to plant my
potato garden this year. I hate to miss doing the
garden, because your mother always loved planting
time. I'm just getting
too old to be digging up a garden plot. If you were
here, all my troubles
would be over. I know you would dig the plot for me,
if you weren't in
prison. .............................Love, Dad
Shortly, the old man received this telegram: "For
Heaven's sake, Dad, don't
dig up the garden!! That's where I buried the GUNS!!"
At 4 a.m. the next morning, a dozen FBI agents and
local police officers
showed up and dug up the entire garden without finding
any guns.
Confused, the old man wrote another note to his son
telling him what
happened, and asked him what to do next.
His son's reply was: "Go ahead and plant your
potatoes,
Dad.......................... It's the best I could do
for you from here."
Moral:
NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE IN THE WORLD, IF YOU HAVE
DECIDED TO DO SOMETHING
DEEP FROM YOUR HEART , YOU CAN DO IT. IT IS THE
THOUGHT THAT MATTERS NOT
WHERE YOU ARE OR WHERE THE PERSON IS.

Contributed By: Prashant Maheshwari
 

No comments: